Fabric: Polyester/Cotton blend.
Artwork: Kajikazawa in Kai Province
Woodblock print from the famous ukiyo-e series, 36 Views of Mount Fuji.
Artist: Katsushika Hokusai
Born in Edo (Tokyo) in 1760, Katsushika Hokusai is considered as one of the most outstanding figures of the Ukiyo-e (pictures of the floating world) everyday life school of printmaking. His prints often use broken strokes and a sombre method of coloring, his work has seen more appreciation in the West than in his native Japan.
Japanese Woodblock Printing
The artists of the Japanese woodblock medium captured landscapes and famous Japanese persons in minimal and often exaggerated portrayals. The simple beauty of their pieces inspired many Western artists including Van Gogh.
- 1 inch (1") = 2.54cm.
- The given sizes are approximations only, exact measurements may vary.
- The items label may not match the advertised size, Asian labeling can be non-standard and we will often market an item according to European standards.
- To compare sizes take a similar item of your own that fits well and lay it flat, smooth it out and make sure it is buttoned or zipped if applicable. Use a tape measure to measure straight across, making sure the tape measure is tight.
- You may need to leave extra room for bulky items or for movement.
- We generally use the bust measurement to assess a shirts advertised size, but please check all measurements as Asian clothing sometimes does not conform to European norms.
- BAck height is from the highest point on the shoulder (not including collar if applicable) to the bottom hem.
- SLeeve length is from the top edge of the shoulder (normally at the seam) to the end of the arm.
- Yoke is from the top edge of each shoulder (normally at the seam) across the top of the shoulders and back of the neck. The Yoke is not straight across the shirt, it rises up at the back of the neck, passing the prominent neck bone.
- A common way of measuring sleeve length is from the prominent neck bone, across the shoulder and down to the end of the arm. This can be calculated from our measurements by adding half the Yoke to the SLeeve length.
- Bust, Waist, Hip, Shoulder, and Arm measurements are obtained by measuring once across and then doubling this measurement.
SLeeve length: n/a
BAck height: 37"
- Hand wash separately in cold or luke warm water. Do not wash in hot water.
- DO NOT TUMBLE DRY OR MACHINE WASH.
- Do not dry in sunshine, hang dry in shade.
- Do not use Bleach or Chlorine.
- Do not soak for long periods.
- Medium Iron setting.
- Hint: To reduce any colour running or shrinkage soak separately over night in one tablespoon of salt and/or brown vinegar dissolved in hot water and then added to a basin of luke warm water.
- Some shrinkage is normal for cotton and rayon garments, please allow for this.
Fair Trade hand crafted goods
Our handmade items adhere to Fair Trade principles, we deal with the family and village based groups that produce these items, this ensures that the wealth generated by the labor involved goes directly to the people who create them. North Thailand does not suffer from the factories and sweatshops that are prevalent in Bangkok and other Asian centers, we are proud to be a part of this cottage based industry and to support the artists who create these beautiful pieces.
Because of the handmade nature of our items variations in size, imperfections, and differences in colour per batch can happen. We do our best to catalog product accurately but in the event you receive an item that does not accurately match the description please give us the benefit of the doubt, it was not an intentional oversight and we will do our best to find a solution with you.